How To Propagate Coleus Canina, Cbse Class 5 Maths Chapter 1 - Large Numbers, Ford Fiesta Owners Manual 2014, Does My Spouse Have To Be On My Va Loan, Moiselle Moscato Nutrition Facts, Elbow Pain Weight Lifting Triceps, London Police Noise Complaint, Six Sigma Performance Indicators, First Grade Homeschool Subjects, Rosehip Oil Uk, Legal Seafood Braintree, Surah Yaseen With Urdu Translation, Pomegranate Tree Growth Rate, Where Does Wind Go, Misuse Of Drugs In Sports, Reflective Listening Vs Active Listening, How Does Rent-to-own Work In Ontario, Daily Learning Journal, Ford Fiesta Owners Manual 2014, Marcelo Green Parañaque Zip Code, Extensor Carpi Radialis Longus Nerve Supply, Harry Potter Herbology, Dark Ages Time Period, Hp Officejet 8720 Print Driver, Monsigny Champagne No 3, Do Lizards Eat Caterpillars, Milwaukee 46 Inch High Capacity Tool Box, Future Studies Master's, Appalachian Reckoning: A Region Responds To Hillbilly Elegy Pdf, ">

i seoul u meaning

i seoul u meaning

Had a good laugh over Seoul Mayor Park's comment that "the new logo was deliberately designed this way to give room for interpretation". Second, my Korean is admittedly poor, but isn't the "you" in the slogan pan-mal? According to the Korea Times, “Seoulmate” actually received more votes than “I.Seoul.U” in an online poll conducted to choose from the final three. Lee Ha-rin, a Korean student majoring in philosophy, was the entrant who came up with the I.Seoul.You slogan. ( Log Out /  “It was very meaningful that Seoul citizens participated in the whole process from making to selecting the new slogan,”said panelist Seo Kyung-duk. For me (native USEnglish speaker) "yours and my Seoul" would be better, but…. speak to that mindset…), but it's neither realistic nor fair. The best I could come up with is that, given the periods, it’s not meant to be like “I ♥ NY” but it’s something more like “You. If "The queen of England's throne" is good, why not "you and me's Seoul"? You may watch this video for the launching ceremony of the new Seoul brand on 28 October 2015. — According to the city, the concept here is intended to suggest that Seoul is a place where two individuals can co-exist. Enjoy! And such efforts seem to have worked: Now three years on from the contest, a recent survey showed 84 percent of Seoul citizens were aware of the slogan, and more than 70 percent said the slogan is likable. People can judge for themselves. The 95% of the world who don't have English as their native tongue can't make themselves dependend on native English speakers all the time. The survey also said 30 percent of the citizens are still opposed to I.Seoul.U because of the reasons mentioned above. I have always been told to “eat the rainbow”- meaning the more colors on your plate, the better it is for you! Of course, Seoul city officials do claim that it might seem awkward and will receive some resistance at first, but they are optimistic that eventually it will "sell." However, during a second live poll held at a special event in Seoul Plaza, all nine Korean PR experts and 682 out of a total 1,140 citizens present, voted for “I.Seoul.U,” while “Seoulmate” garnered only 232 votes. Don't think this is part of the intent, but doesn't anybody think that the (standard Korean) pronunciation of "Seoul" sounds quite a bit like some English dialectal pronunciations of "saw"? Mondelez Appoints Publicis and MediaMonks to Global Content Production, WarnerMedia Integrates and Reorganizes Operations Across Asia, VidCon Now to Debut at the Singapore Media Festival, Ogilvy North America Appoints Devika Bulchandani CEO & Global Chairwoman of Advertising, Tonic Worldwide Partners with Stoppress Communications, TikTok and BBDO Singapore to Run ‘Creative Workshops’, TikTok Launches Family Pairing Options to Enhance Privacy, AdFest Lotus Awards 2021 Announces Call For Entries, ZEE5 Global Announces a Partnership with Lulu Exchange, Q&A: Gareth Richardson – Western Brands No Longer Have an Easy Ride in Asia, BBH Singapore Allows Users to be a Hero in Augmented Reality Audio App, Corona Escapes the Indoors with ‘Free Range Humans’, P.E Nation Brings the Changing Room to Your Phone with Augmented Reality, Q&A: Sarah Emmanuel-Cheong – ‘I Want to Alleviate This Toxic Work Ethic That’s Been Bred in our Industry’, Q&A: John Ford Talks About The Brands Saving the World, Krungsri First Choice Says Mom Can’t Always Scold You, Look After Yourself, Toyota’s New Hilux Campaign Brings Kiwis Together from Near and Far. http://personals.thestranger.com/gyrobase/Personals/ISawYou. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. or maybe, changing the exact relation expressed, "Seoul for you and me", "I can't speak for English, but is "you and me's Seoul" completely impossible?". Yes, it seems that the "sole" native English speaker should have explained to the other "experts" anglophones would naturally read the word between "I" and "U" as a verb. U Guide Ver. Located at the center of the park, the I•Seoul•U sign is already becoming a popular place for both tourists and Seoulites to pose for fun photos while passing by the site. Seouling — This slogan represents a city undergoing constant change. In fact, my stance has changed, too. This brand in fact came from the idea contest held in 2015. Some people interpret the Korean below the slogan as “Yours and my Seoul” or “The Seoul of yours and mine” and suggest that’s probably what the slogan is supposed to mean. When seeing it, I could not have any clue of its meaning, which, according to the city government, is "my and your Seoul" where I and you, with Seoul linking two of us, meet and coexist happily. Confusing? In other words the city is a shared experience or a basis for connecting. I.Seoul.U. There are three-fold meaning behind this Seoul brand: With “Seoul” between “I” and “U”, Seoul … 서울을 새롭게 브랜딩 하기 위해 서울시에서 공모한 16,000여 점의 슬로건들 중 최종적으로 선택된 ‘I. I understand that native English speakers would want that (indignant comments like "There were apparently 16,000 submissions, and the winning slogan was selected by a panel of 'experts'. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our. The previous slogan, “Hi Seoul”, which was also the subject of criticism, was used since 2002. I find this the funniest LLog posted by Victor Mair (next to the hilarious "New word—Devin" blog). With “Seoul” between “I” and “U”, Seoul is at the centre of relationships among the people; With “Seoul” between the red dot (which represents passion) and the blue dot (which represents relaxation), Seoul allows everything to exist in harmony with the others; and. I Seoul U October 24, 2016 11:13 pm Published by hackya Leave your thoughts. Apparently the official meaning of I•Seoul•U as asserted by Seoul City is actually 너와 나의 서울 / neowa naeui Seoul, basically meaning “Seoul, yours and mine”, indicated with the word Seoul encompassed/bookended by I and U. Is Seoul Aiming for Another Uninspiring Slogan? This barred "U" is usually not present in images of the slogan available online. City officials kept rejecting the accusations and mockery, saying it looks weird only because people are unfamiliar with it (although I strongly suspected some of the officials themselves were against I.Seoul.U).

How To Propagate Coleus Canina, Cbse Class 5 Maths Chapter 1 - Large Numbers, Ford Fiesta Owners Manual 2014, Does My Spouse Have To Be On My Va Loan, Moiselle Moscato Nutrition Facts, Elbow Pain Weight Lifting Triceps, London Police Noise Complaint, Six Sigma Performance Indicators, First Grade Homeschool Subjects, Rosehip Oil Uk, Legal Seafood Braintree, Surah Yaseen With Urdu Translation, Pomegranate Tree Growth Rate, Where Does Wind Go, Misuse Of Drugs In Sports, Reflective Listening Vs Active Listening, How Does Rent-to-own Work In Ontario, Daily Learning Journal, Ford Fiesta Owners Manual 2014, Marcelo Green Parañaque Zip Code, Extensor Carpi Radialis Longus Nerve Supply, Harry Potter Herbology, Dark Ages Time Period, Hp Officejet 8720 Print Driver, Monsigny Champagne No 3, Do Lizards Eat Caterpillars, Milwaukee 46 Inch High Capacity Tool Box, Future Studies Master's, Appalachian Reckoning: A Region Responds To Hillbilly Elegy Pdf,

div#stuning-header .dfd-stuning-header-bg-container {background-image: url(https://www.simontibor.com/wp-content/uploads/revslider/minimal-portfolio1/aerial_bg2.jpg);background-size: initial;background-position: top center;background-attachment: fixed;background-repeat: initial;}#stuning-header div.page-title-inner {min-height: 650px;}div#stuning-header .dfd-stuning-header-bg-container.dfd_stun_header_vertical_parallax {-webkit-transform: -webkit-translate3d(0,0,0) !important;-moz-transform: -moz-translate3d(0,0,0) !important;-ms-transform: -ms-translate3d(0,0,0) !important;-o-transform: -o-translate3d(0,0,0) !important;transform: translate3d(0,0,0) !important;}