Food Combining Oatmeal Recipe, Showed Or Shown, Oraciones Con Presente Perfecto En Español, Old Fashioned Hamburger Stew, Colossians 1:1-14 Commentary, To Root Meaning In Urdu, Kissimmee Police Department Jobs, Is Neoprene Boots Waterproof, Aroma Housewares Rice Cooker Review, Honeycomb Yoke Amazon, Scripture About Serving God In Your Youth, Ela Study Guide For 5th Grade, Propose Meaning In Telugu, Chi Spacca Bone Marrow Pie, Alabama Bbq Sauce, Zone Diet Pros And Cons, Lzw Compression Ratio, 72 Inch Workbench With Drawers, Birthday Reflection Message, Hydrohalogenation Of Alkenes Practice Problems, National Pasteurized Eggs, Business Ethics Pdf, What Is Mobile Marketing, ">

lot's wife sermon

lot's wife sermon

That's why you need to remember Lot's wife, remember her privileges, and if those privileges are yours this evening you need to flee and be saved immediately!

few verses of Luke 17. And yet she perished. Dr. Thomas Hale said, “Let us not fool ourselves: We cannot seek after Christ and worldly blessings at the same time; we must choose” (The Applied New Testament Commentary; note on Mark 8:35). lost! What if the breath were taken from your body in the pew where you sit tonight? It was the same as those in Sodom, but here's the tragedy: she perished at the gates of Zoar, that was her city of refuge, that was the place where they would be safe. at www.sermonsfortheworld.com. They were haughty. www.preachtheword.com. There was another occasion when both Lot and her lingered, when the angels first came and announced the message of judgment the Bible says that Lot lingered, and the angels had to physically take the wrists of that man and woman and pull them out of their house and out of the city. Sin got to such a stage in Sodom and Gomorrah that God was going to put Lot and his wife in a position where they would have to flee for their lives, or else they would perish. As Matthew Henry said: 'Be not loathe to leave a place marked for destruction, wherever, whatsoever, whomsoever you leave behind you that may be so dear to you - leave it!'. If these sermons bless you send an e-mail to Dr. Hymers and tell him, but always include what country you are writing from. Remember Lot’s Wife Sermon — Sermon outline and sermon by Kevin Cauley on worldliness using Lot’s wife as illustration. So God told them to flee from the city and, as they were fleeing from Sodom, not to look back - for if they looked back, they would be turned into a pillar of salt in God's judgment. They were arrogant.

You have no thoughts about God! In God’s mercy, He allowed Abraham’s nephew Lot and his family to escape, but He gave strict instruction to them not to look back. I say, Jesus says: 'Remember Lot's wife'! We do not know this woman’s name. 4) We must, however, obey God in order to receive His protection (Matthew 6:33). Have you counted the cost If your soul should be lost, Oh, “Remember Lot’s wife.” You may be in the church here every Sunday. 1) The men of the city were filled with lust and violence. That's why many Bible scholars, including myself, believe that the Lord Jesus' coming is very near. The word of God stands sure, John 3 and verse 3: 'Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God'. It's your sin that put Him through hell for you! 4) Then he uses the example of Lot’s wife. It's your sin that caused His hands to be nailed, it's your sin that placed the crown of thorns on His brow, it's your sin that buffeted His face, it's your sin that caused the soldier to put the spear in His side, it's your sin that caused the darkness to fall upon Him for those three hours, it's your sin that was laid upon Him, the iniquity of us all! He talks both about Noah and Lot in this passage, and both Noah and Lot lived in days of religious compromise, days of moral declension - not unlike our day today. “Almost persuaded” now to believe; She told her husband they needed to be near the town. Bunyan says: 'He plugged his ears, and he ran crying for his soul, 'Life, life, eternal life!''. You can write to Dr. Hymers in any language, but write in English

And there she lost her life. The Bible says, “His wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt” (Genesis 19:26). ; note on James 4:5). God's word is clear, and sadly she found it out to be clear, for as she turned the look of her eyes was only pointing in the direction that her heart was facing, because she had left her heart in Sodom. Oh, it makes me sad when I see young people filled with pride. She had gone through conquests with God's people, she had been in their struggles, in their sorrows, in their pains. Isn’t that exactly what keeps you from Jesus?

YouTube feeds people to our website. and what communion hath light with darkness?” (II Corinthians 6:14).

But Lot and his family grew more I can see her in my minds eye running down the High Street of Sodom towards the gate, I can see her with every breath, with every sinew, with every effort of energy trying to, with breakneck speed, reach that gate and get beyond its boundary. 6) To the man who only had one talent, Jesus said, “And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth” (Matthew 25:30). Revelation 16:18). As we read in verse 28, then they also bought, they sold, they planted, they built.

We could look at her look of fearful doom as she turned, as the Bible says, into a pillar of salt. God had warned her first-hand from these angels that judgment was coming, she had seen the Sodomites blinded at her own door, she knew what God could do - but the fact of the matter is, I believe that she started to doubt God. Well, can I put it very simply - three things, if you mean them from your heart and do them: one, admit that you are a sinner, that you have offended God, and say that to Him: 'Lord, I confess I am a sinner, and if You give me the power, I repent of my sin and I turn from it and am willing to forsake it'. She was the wife of a ‘righteous man.’ She was connected through him to Abraham, the father of the faithful. It’s a big joke to you. But no convenient time ever came. 4) He finally simply allowed her the choice she had wanted to make all along. You want to have Christian friends in the church – and still have lost friends in the world. Do you know who took the message to flee from the wrath to come to this woman and her husband?    I have decided to follow Jesus. You live in Los Angeles – the Sodom of the Western world. She almost stopped to a dead standstill because she remembered what she had left behind. And there she lost everything, even God Himself! Her heart was in the world, and she turned, and as she turned the fire of God's brimstone rained upon her and she was turned into that salt. II Peter 2:8; seminaries or Bible schools. 7) The angels warned them not to look back or they would be consumed (Genesis 19:17). Remember her privileges, remember her sin - but, oh, remember her punishment. Her daughters needed to have more fun. You might say: 'Well then, what happened? “Almost persuaded,” doom comes at last! Lord, save in this place tonight, move by Thy Spirit and do the work that only Thou canst do. 1.

But I'm not preaching to you about Lot, even though he may have taken steps in backsliding, I want to talk to you about his worse half - one who was not so vexed about the sins of Sodom, one who loved those sins and did all she could to stay in the environment of those sins. First of all: remember her privileges. But you think the person who brought you is a little bit weird. Lord’s Day Morning, January 31, 2016. Maybe you're the child of a believer, or maybe someone has passed on and is in heaven tonight - I think we all have them - wouldn't it be a tragedy if we, in some way, had a privileged connection to someone that is on the very shores of heaven tonight, and we died within the sight of it, with the way to heaven in our heads but the world in our hearts! She was almost saved – but not quite! [Read guidelines...]. The sermon manuscripts are given in 43 languages to about 120,000 computers each month. Bunyan says that he grabs Ignorance by the ankles and by the wrist, and an opening appeared at the side of the hill, and the angels threw him into that hole. Why do you resist the call of Christ? In days when many are disillusioned and seeking for more, through the ministry of David Legge we seek to provide Bible-based teaching and preaching which will lead you into a deeper relationship with God. What if you should perish suddenly? What was it she thought? Do you know what this book, the Bible, teaches me, if it teaches me anything about salvation? This is hard to understand at times, but Peter says that the sins that were in the city of Sodom vexed Lot's righteous soul every day.

Take my life'. You must say in your heart. She joined in with them singing holy songs. Aim: To avoid making the same mistakes that Lot’s wife made in our spiritual lives. talk, even in their clothes. Now when we come to Lot after Noah, civilisation had advanced somewhat, so that by Lot's time the description of Noah's day was not sufficient, just that people ate and drank and gave and were taken in marriage.

It proved that she loved the world more than she loved God, and it proves that the love of the world is death - whoever you are! Abraham and his men went to rescue Lot and brought him back again. Noah's age was eating and drinking and marrying, normal sensual pleasures if you like.

That is why God's judgment came upon them suddenly.

Food Combining Oatmeal Recipe, Showed Or Shown, Oraciones Con Presente Perfecto En Español, Old Fashioned Hamburger Stew, Colossians 1:1-14 Commentary, To Root Meaning In Urdu, Kissimmee Police Department Jobs, Is Neoprene Boots Waterproof, Aroma Housewares Rice Cooker Review, Honeycomb Yoke Amazon, Scripture About Serving God In Your Youth, Ela Study Guide For 5th Grade, Propose Meaning In Telugu, Chi Spacca Bone Marrow Pie, Alabama Bbq Sauce, Zone Diet Pros And Cons, Lzw Compression Ratio, 72 Inch Workbench With Drawers, Birthday Reflection Message, Hydrohalogenation Of Alkenes Practice Problems, National Pasteurized Eggs, Business Ethics Pdf, What Is Mobile Marketing,

div#stuning-header .dfd-stuning-header-bg-container {background-image: url(https://www.simontibor.com/wp-content/uploads/revslider/minimal-portfolio1/aerial_bg2.jpg);background-size: initial;background-position: top center;background-attachment: fixed;background-repeat: initial;}#stuning-header div.page-title-inner {min-height: 650px;}div#stuning-header .dfd-stuning-header-bg-container.dfd_stun_header_vertical_parallax {-webkit-transform: -webkit-translate3d(0,0,0) !important;-moz-transform: -moz-translate3d(0,0,0) !important;-ms-transform: -ms-translate3d(0,0,0) !important;-o-transform: -o-translate3d(0,0,0) !important;transform: translate3d(0,0,0) !important;}